SPAR’s recently finished logistics center in Ebergassing was awarded the DGNB quality label for sustainable construction in platinum. This award corresponds to the highest rating attainable. Daxner & Merl supported the whole planning process with sustainability expertise and thus helped the reach an overall rating of 87%.
The logistics center Ebergassing represents a best practice example for sustainable building showing a multitude of noteworthy assets:
- climate protection & environmental optimisation based on life cycle assessment (LCA)
- economic efficiency proven by life cycle costing
- high degree of adaptivity for future requirements
- state of the art automation and temperature-control
- optimised working conditions when it comes to health care and employee comfort (air quality, light, temperature)
- significant reduction of building area due to its high degree of automation
- highest requirements when it comes to energy efficiency
- social quality encompassing social areas and a terrace for employees while protection the neighbourhood from noise
This outstanding performance results of a high-quality planning and process quality.